Monday, October 10, 2016

38 Week Preggie Update

According to my apps, Baby B is about 19-22 inches and about 6.5-7 pounds.  Sometimes I feel like he/she is on the bigger end because I feel so heavy and every movement he/she makes feels like he/she is planning it's escape route through my belly!  Baby B is also loosing it's vernix and lanugo and developing soft, baby skin and still accumulating fat.  The lungs are also fully developed this week. 

This 38th week has been a doozy for sure!  I don't think I've been in as much pain throughout this whole pregnancy.  I know they say the last 2 weeks are the worst...and I can't say that I disagree with that!! I can't seem to get comfortable at all and I toss and turn the whole night, even in the chair.  

UPDATE 10-10: I've had a A LOT of pressure today...more than I have before!  I will be 39 weeks tomorrow.

I went to the OB this week and Baby B is doing well.  She also checked me again and I am still sitting at 3cm dilated with a thinned out cervix.  Next week when I go, she will be doing a membrane sweep.  This is when the doctor separates the cervix from the amniotic sac so that the hormones for labor start to be released.  She made the comment that she has a feeling that when she does this, I may end up going into labor soon after since I'm already dilated.  I'm hoping that's the case.  Some women continue to see no progress after it's done, so, we'll see!  I packed my bag about 2 weeks ago (I'll have a post about that as well) so I'm ready!!

At this point, it's just a waiting game.  Thursday is my last day at work and I still have so much to do workwise.  The nursery is finally done and we're just waiting to put a baby in there.   To think, I could be a Mommy as early as next week sometime!!  I know these last couple of weeks have seemed like I'm complaining, but even through it all, I am still very grateful to be able to embark on this journey.  Pregnancy has been an amazing thing to experience...especially with my amazing husband!


Bump Pics


                          

      

What Fruit/Veggie are you?  Spaghetti Squash (Ovia), Mini Watermelon (Baby Center), & Swiss Chard (What to Expect) & Pumpkin (Photofy)


Due date:  October 18, 2016 (but could be before)

How far along:  38 weeks, 6 days

Next appointment:  October 12

Gender:  Team Green and still wondering with this little baby is

Total weight gain/loss:  Gained 2 pounds last week, so we'll see when I go to the doc

Exercise: Walking at work and walking the dog

Stretch marks:  Nope, which is so surprising since I feel like I'm stretched to capacity

Swelling: No swelling

Maternity clothes:   Yep!  Still rotating those same pairs of jeans!

Belly button:   My belly button is still at that stage where it pokes out but doesn't stay out all day

Wedding Rings On/Off: On...a little more snug but I can get them off


Happy or Moody: Pretty happy...but me being uncomfortable can turn into moody

Sleep: What the hell is that??

Food cravings: Sushi...and good sushi too

Symptoms:  Back and hip pain has intensified, stomach pains below my breast and below my stomach.  My stomach has been really tender and achy this week.  Lightning crotch has made an appearance again, also more discharge.

Movement: Tons and I have no more space for Baby B to move so he/she is continuously pressing on my right side in the same place which causes it to be so tender

Labor signs:  Small contractions...no biggie

What I miss: Wearing regular clothes during my fave season, sushi, and cider (alcoholic of course)

Food/Smell Aversions: None

What I'm loving:   Just seeing my pregnancy progress as it should be

What I'm looking forward to: Just seeing the little peanut!  I'm also looking forward to my maternity leave.

Best moment this week: Getting to go on a date with my Hubby.  
  
Milestones: Making it to 38 weeks!

  XoXo, 
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment